8.26.2006

August 20

Southern Buddhist...another oxymoron, huh?
Current mood: chipper

Listening: KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope


I had a friend ask me the other day how it felt to be a Buddhist in the South...well, it is not easy. It is not something I advertise, but I occasionally feel like being stared at and I will wear my Buddha t-shirt around town. There are two people at my job that know I am a Buddhist, but both say it is me rebelling against God. One of them told me I was going to hell if I did not hurry and figure out the truth. Well, I try not to judge them so harshly.

I have been practicing Buddhism for almost a year now. It has totally changed my life. I have read everthing about Buddhism I could get my hands on. UU has offered some classes and I have been discussing things with real time/online friends. It works for me and I will share more in depth in later blogs.

No comments: